Friday, April 10, 2009

And...we're back!

After a week in the Dominican Republic and a subsequent week of playing catch up with real life, I finally have a few moments here at my desk.  A lot has happened during that time, including the start of a White House vegetable garden--hooray!--as noted here by Slow Food USA.  Indeed, it's prime season for getting a garden going, and although my own back yard is covered in astroturf (my landlord's choice, not mine) and thus not seedling-friendly, I'll be heading out to the Farm at Long Island Shelter today to help them get their garden started.  More details on that volunteer experience to come.

In the meantime, I give you this picture of a produce stand in the Dominican--a gorgeous a bounty of local fruits and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment