Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Last night, as I stashed all of the new goodies from my farm share into the refrigerator, I was happy to see that we had received both baby arugula and some mesclun mix for salads this week. Today, as I made my lunch, I was even more delighted (I may have actually cried out in glee) to discover that what I thought were salad greens were actually fiddleheads! Somehow, I have never had the opportunity to sample these harbingers of spring, so I am very excited to experiment with another farm share first.

My husband seems fairly certain that they are best enjoyed via a quick pan sautee and a dash of salt and pepper. However, the little wrinkle of doubt in his brow as he says so leads me to believe that some research is in order. So, this afternoon I will be forgetting about the cold and rain outside and happily perusing the internet and my cookbooks for a recipe for tomorrow evening. In the meantime, suggestions from fiddlehead connoisseurs are welcome! Happy, happy spring!

2 comments:

  1. I think your husband is right! This is what I did last year:

    http://kitchenreport.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/fiddlin-around/

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxious to see what you end up doing with them. We don't get them in our CSA but I think my mother-in-law does.

    ReplyDelete